Follow Us On Twitter!

Header Ads

Kandi Burruss’ Restaurant Blaze Temporarily Shuts Down After Failing Health Inspection Due To Multiple Violations!

Kandi Burruss and her husband Todd Tucker’s Blaze Steak & Seafood restaurant, which is located in Atlanta, has shut down temporarily after failing a recent health inspection. 

According to official records obtained by Radar Online, the Georgia Department of Public Health completed a routine inspection of The Real Housewives of Atlanta couple’s new hot spot. 

The inspector went out to Blaze on May 19. The first violation they found is an employee was working with raw food without washing their hands.

The report says, “Food handler touched raw oysters and raw salmon and then proceeded to handle ready to eat leafy greens with the same gloves on improperly. Moving from raw food to ready-to-eat foods is a source of cross contamination.”

The restaurant lost another 4 points for failing to have procedures of supplies in place, “for employees to follow/use when responding to vomiting or diarrheal events that involve the discharge of vomitus or fecal matter onto surfaces in the food establishment.”

Further, the employees were not properly storing food at the correct temperatures. The report noted, “Observed that the both prep coolers on the line across from the ovens have food that is out of temperature above 41F.”

On a positive note, there were no rodent or bug issues found inside the spot. Back in December, the Georgia Department of Public Health awarded Blaze a score of 88 and B grade. In September 2020, the restaurant received a 99 rating and A grade.

Another issue included bottles not being properly labeled in the back. The inspector wrote, “food (flour, rice etc.) items in bulk storage containers were not identified with the common name of the food item. Also, several squeeze bottles were observed without a label.”

Kandi and Todd’s Blaze received a rating of 55 from the inspector. According to Radar Online, the Georgia Department of Public Health instructed them to make the necessary changes immediately.

Last week, Burruss reportedly shut down the restaurant to fix the issues. The outlet claims that Blaze is already back in business.

Photo Credit: Courtesy via Todd Tucker/Instagram; Bravo Media/NBCUniversal