Monday, June 17, 2019

The Real Housewives Of Melbourne Is Officially Returning For A Fifth Season With Major Cast Shakeup!

The Real Housewives of Melbourne has been greenlit for a fifth season after a lengthy hiatus. The Daily Mail reports that the official cast is currently being finalized.

"Some of the women have already been told unofficially that they'll be returning, so they've been doing everything to make sure they're camera-ready," a production source told The Daily Mail.

"Lydia Schiavello is definitely coming back, that's why she's in such great shape right now - she wants to look her best for the show," the source continued.

"Jackie Gillies, Gamble Breaux and Janet Roach will most likely be back too, but everyone else is on the chopping block."

The publication claims that "Foxtel has been trying to figure out the perfect cast combination moving forward to ensure that season five is the biggest season yet."

"They've been interviewing plenty of potential new Housewives, and are even considering bringing back some old faces like Chyka Keebaugh or Pettifleur Berenger," the source continued.

The Daily Mail also claims that Gina Liano's future on the show is "uncertain" after being on the outs with the entire cast last season.

The series last screened in February 2018 for the show's fourth season which featured returning cast Gamble Breaux, Gina Liano, Jackie Gillies, Janet Roach and Lydia Schiavello along with two new cast members; Sally Bloomfield and Venus Behbahani-Clark.

Earlier this year, Foxtel's executive director of television Brian Walsh officially confirmed to TV Tonight that the hit reality series may in fact return - with some changes.

“Housewives remains an important franchise but we have to be convinced the narrative is there to take it forward,”said Walsh at the time. “After the last series it started to become somewhat repetitive with the girls. It always comes down to Gina having a falling out with the new one. So they are working on that.”

Unfortunately, the Sydney installment did not have the same fate. He officially revealed The Real Housewives of Sydney was not returning for a second season.

“Sydney won’t happen again. Once bitten twice shy,” he added.

Photo Credit: Foxtel

No comments :

Post a Comment