Wednesday, November 22, 2017

The Cast Of The Real Housewives Of Melbourne Reveal The Real Reason Why The Real Housewives Of Sydney Was Rejected In The U.S. By Bravo!

The cast of the fourth season of The Real Housewives of Melbourne have revealed the real reason why television network Bravo rejected to air The Real Housewives of Sydney in the U.S. "I was told they watched the first 15 minutes and turned it off, Jackie Gillies told The Daily Mail Australia.

"They thought: "this is not for us" - and that is an absolute fact," Jackie added.

Jackie argued that the Sydney version had been "too nasty," while Gina Liano said the snub had come down to different expectations in the overseas market.

"They're (U.S. networks) conservative, they don't like swearing ... that didn't stop us," Gina explained. "[But] if you look at Real Housewives of Atlanta, they pull each other's hair, and then you've got New Jersey - they're much worse [than Sydney]."



As previously reported, the fate of the show was in question after Bravo decided not to commission the show for being "too extreme" for American viewers, in which Foxtel's head of television Brian Walsh revealed that he was concerned about the cast, hinting changes would have be made to the housewives line up.

"A lot of the women in this show were nasty for nasty’s sake and have no redeeming features," he said. "I particularly felt Lisa Oldfield and AthenaX Levendi were driving their own agendas."

Brian said he would be steering changes in the second series to make sure the women were better behaved and more friendly towards each other.

"I’ve raised my concerns with the production team from this season. I felt the bad language and behavior throughout the series did go too far," he told The Daily Telegraph.

While there was many hints that Lisa Oldfield and Athena X Levendi were being cut from the show, is understood a revolt from fans of the show have forced producers to reconsider.

“Lisa and Athena may be confrontational on screen, but fans love them,” the source told The Herald Sun back in July. “When rumors came out that bosses were keen to cut them, fans were not impresses, now Foxtel is being forced to reconsider.”

The publication claimed that while all the women are under three season contracts, Matchbox Pictures, who produce the show, can let any cast members go at their discretion.

While the network has not confirmed that the show has been renewed for a second season, it's been leaked that producers are looking and testing new ladies to add the show's upcoming second season, which will return sometime in 2018.

What are your thoughts? Sound off in the comments below!

Photo Credit: The Daily Telegraph

No comments :

Post a Comment