Thursday, July 20, 2017

Foxtel Is Being Forced To Reconsider Axing Lisa Oldfield And Athena X Levendi From RHOS As They Scout For New Cast Members For Season 2!

As previously reported, a cast shake up was in the works for the second season of The Real Housewives of Sydney. Foxtel boss Brian Walsh was not a fan of the nasty nature of the first season of the show, after it was revealed that Bravo rejected to commission the show due to being "too extreme" for U.S. viewers.

While the initial plan was to cut Lisa Oldfield and Athena X Levendi from the show, is understood a revolt from fans of the show have forced producers to reconsider.

“Lisa and Athena may be confrontational on screen, but fans love them,” the source told The Herald Sun. “When rumors came out that bosses were keen to cut them, fans were not impresses, now Foxtel is being forced to reconsider.”

Levendi and Oldfield said they are keen to see a new look cast for a second season. They have been asked by nominate potential new Housewives for season two.

“I have been asked by producers to bring in a few other people,” Levendi said yesterday. “I know that one person has had meetings with them and it has gone well.”

Oldfield too was keen to help mix things up for a second season. The mother-of-two has told Confidential she would be keen to see well known Sydneysiders Imogen Anthony or Karl Stefanovic’s ex-wife Cassie Thorburn join the cast.

Levendi said while she had a rough first season on the show, she would be keen to return. “It would feel like joining a gym for a month and only going for one week,” Levendi told the publication. “I would feel like there I didn’t fulfil my potential if it ended now.”

The publication claims reveals that while all the women are under three season contracts, Matchbox Pictures, who produce the show, can let any cast members go at their discretion.

Meanwhile, a spokesman for Foxtel said no decisions have been made for a second season at the moment.

Photo Credit: Foxtel

No comments :

Post a Comment