Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Foxtel Hints At RHOS Cast Overhaul For Season 2 After Bravo Refused To Air Show Because The Drama Was “Too Extreme” For U.S. Audiences!

As previously reported, Bravo rejected the chance to broadcast the first season of The Real Housewives of Sydney in the U.S. because they believed the show was "too extreme" for the network's audiences. Now, Foxtel is hinting at a major cast overhaul for season two.

The disappointing decision has caused Foxtel's head of television Brian Walsh to concede he is concerned about the cast, hinting changes would have be made to the housewives line up.

"A lot of the women in this show were nasty for nasty’s sake and have no redeeming features," he said. "I particularly felt Lisa Oldfield and AthenaX Levendi were driving their own agendas."

Brian said he would be steering changes in the second series to make sure the women were better behaved and more friendly towards each other.

"I’ve raised my concerns with the production team from this season. I felt the bad language and behavior throughout the series did go too far," he told The Daily Telegraph.

The Sydney cast consists of spiritual goddess AthenaX Levendi, businesswoman Lisa Oldfield alongside former model Krissy Marsh, day spa queen Matty Samaei, ’90s pop star Melissa Tkautz, former Miss World Nicole O’Neill and socialite Victoria Rees.

Meanwhile, it's been confirmed that New Zealand's very own The Real Housewives of Auckland has been picked up by Bravo and will make its U.S. debut this summer.

The Real Housewives of Sydney and The Real Housewives of Auckland are produced by Matchbox Pictures for NBCUniversal, same producers who are behind The Real Housewives of Melbourne, which filming is currently underway for Season 4, which is set to air later this year on Foxtel's Arena.

Photo Credit: Foxtel

No comments :

Post a Comment