Friday, April 22, 2016

Real Housewives Of Melbourne Star Gina Liano Gives Update On ‘Judge Gina’ Spin-Off Show!

Real Housewives Of Melbourne star Gina Liano still holds hope for her courtroom reality show Judge Gina to make it to the small screen. The glamorous barrister gives an update on the Judge Judy-type show!

Judge Gina, which is based on the US reality courtroom shows Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown, will eventuate. As we previously reported, a pilot was made in December 2014 and by all reports, Liano, says the feedback is positive.

“Both Nine and Channel Seven are looking at it and possibly Ten, according to my agent,” Liano told AAP via news.com.au. “Foxtel didn’t commission it but that was because of budget more than anything.”

Besides basing the courtroom series on the US shows, the team behind the pilot, McGuire Media, brought in Judge Joe Brown’s former executive producer John Terenzio to assist with the pilot.

“We flew the producer in from Judge Joe Brown, and who had worked on Judge Judy, so we had the Real McCoy working on it and I’m still in communication with him and he’s very keen to do it,” Liano said.
Whereas Judy Sheindlin and Joe Brown are former judges, Liano is not.

However, her decision on the proposed reality show would still be binding, she explained.

“A lot of them in the States (on judge reality shows) are magistrates or judges, I’m not appointed to the bench but my role would be to judge the participants, as an arbitrator,” she said. “I would be making a ruling on their dispute and it would effectively be binding through arbitration.”

Liano’s availability to make Judge Gina may depend on the shooting schedule of the Real Housewives Of Melbourne.

Liano and the remainder of the Real Housewives Of Melbourne cast are all out of contract following the end of season three of the Foxtel hit.

It’s most likely that Liano, and the majority of the Housewives, will be re-signed for a fourth season although there hasn’t been any word from Foxtel about the show’s future.

Liano makes it clear that she wants to be a part of season four although her partner will never appear on screen.

“We were contracted for three seasons ... and that came to an end this season. We haven’t had official word if season four has been commissioned,” she said.

“This season has rated consistently higher than any of the others so I can’t see it not going ahead.
“My partner doesn’t want to be part of the show so that would be a special condition of me returning.”

Source/Photo Credit: news.com.au, Foxtel

No comments :

Post a Comment