Friday, April 6, 2018

Bravo New Zealand Confirms That They Have ‘No Plans’ To Do A Second Season Of The Real Housewives Of Auckland!

Bravo New Zealand, the network responsible for bringing us The Real Housewives of Auckland has finally revealed the fate of the hit reality series. A Bravo NZ spokesperson confirmed that there were no plans at this stage to make a season two.

"The Real Housewives of Auckland was incredibly successful for Bravo NZ, as well as internationally with the show also airing in the US, Europe and Australia. We have no immediate plans for another series, but it is something we would love to do so never say never!" they said in a statement to Stuff.

Season 1 cast consists of Anne Batley Burton, Angela Stone, Gilda Kirkpatrick, Julia Sloane, Louise Wallace and Michelle Blanchard.

The first season consists of ten episodes with no reunion special. The series made controversial headlines after Sloane used a racial slur against co-star Blanchard during an episode of the series, which even lawyers got involved.

Batley-Burton who has previously stated before that she would do another series, believed that money was a factor.

"People I've spoken to who were involved basically said it's a very expensive show to put together in New Zealand," she said at that time. "We haven't had enough support form the advertising market."

She said her time on the show was a great investment in her business Champagne Lady as well as her passion for cats. "That's what I wanted out of the show and I have got plenty of promotion," she said. "It's led onto other things."

Earlier this year, Louise Wallace revealed via Instagram and after a loyal fan asked if the controversial reality show would return for another season. "Sadly, doesn't look like it will happen," she responded.

However, this is not the first time a cast member has revealed that RHOAKL was not coming back for another round.

"We've been disappointed because we've more or less been told there isn't going to be one for now," Anne Batley-Burton told The Huffington Post last year.

She continued: "I think it's a question of funds as to why we didn't shoot a second season - It's really expensive to film this in our really small country."

While producers are unclear about the show's future, the series has garnered plenty of international attention after airing in the US, UK and Australia.

The series even gained a lot of high profile celebrities fans in America, including Girls actress Lena Dunham and comedian Heather McDonald.

Photo Credit: Bravo

No comments :

Post a Comment