Friday, February 14, 2020

Melissa Tkautz Addresses Rumors That The Real Housewives Of Sydney Is Returning For A Second Season; Says “I Don’t Think It Will Happen”

Melissa Tkautz is addressing all the recent rumors about the potential return of The Real Housewives of Sydney. “I still haven’t heard anything yet,” Tkautz said on The Morning Show. “Personally, I don’t think it will happen. I know Melbourne is happening for a fact, but I don’t know. We really don’t know anything.”

“Personally, I don’t think it will happen. I know Melbourne is happening for a fact, but I don’t know. We really don’t know anything.”

“I’m still in touch with a few of the girls. I’d never done reality TV before, and I had no idea what I was in for - I just knew, going into that show, that I would be myself, and whatever comes with it comes with it,” she continued.

“I did feel like the quieter one, and I think I was just so shocked at these women who were very confident and had overbearing personalities, and I was like the little lamb that just walked in. I was a little bit scared.

She added: “But overall, it was a really great experience.”

The news comes after Melissa's co-star Matty Samaei revealed that the controversial reality show could return for a second season, despite claims the show had been canceled for being 'too nasty'. Samaei claimed that producers have been in talks to renew RHOS and filming could begin as early as this year.

“With Melbourne Housewives, we know that it's coming back and normally once the franchise is starting to produce one city there's no reason they will not do Sydney,” Matty told The Daily Telegraph.

“So my intuition and from some of the things I've been hearing, we will be back but I don't know when it will be,” she said, according to The Daily Mail. Matty added that RHOS would most likely return to screens in 2021.

Last year, Foxtel's executive director of television Brian Walsh officially confirmed to TV Tonight that the controversial reality show will not be returning for a second season.

“Sydney won’t happen again. Once bitten twice shy,” he said.

In September 2018, Woman's Day Magazine revealed that the show had been axed.

As previously reported, the show was rejected by U.S. network Bravo for being too extreme - this was the first time a Real Housewives franchise was not immediately picked up for syndication.

If you recall, the fate of the show was in question after Bravo decided not to commission the show for being "too extreme" for American viewers, in which Foxtel's head of television Brian Walsh revealed that he was concerned about the cast, hinting changes would have be made to the housewives line up.

“A lot of the women in this show were nasty for nasty’s sake and have no redeeming features,” he said. “I particularly felt Lisa Oldfield and AthenaX Levendi were driving their own agendas.”

Brian said he would be steering changes in the second series to make sure the women were better behaved and more friendly towards each other.

“I’ve raised my concerns with the production team from this season. I felt the bad language and behavior throughout the series did go too far,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

The show consisted of seven ladies: Athena X Levendi, Krissy Marsh, Lisa Oldfield, Matty Samaei, Melissa Tkautz, Nicole O'Neal and Victoria Rees.

While the series was not picked up by U.S. network Bravo for being "too extreme," the show found international success in New Zealand, South Africa, U.K. and in Canada (via streaming service Hayu).

Photo Credit: Foxtel, Lifetime UK

No comments :

Post a Comment